A new art exhibit at Pitt State highlights the Midwest. The exhibit titled "Hauling Hay" features three Kansas artists who use a variety of media in their work.
Organizers say nearly everyone who stops by will be able to relate to the pieces.
"Things you have experienced or things you have run across in your everyday life and that is how everyone can relate to this art and this exhibition," says PSU Art Department Chair Rhona Shand.
A Lecture Series will be running in conjunction with the event:
- Oct. 6 - Lecture from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Joe Summers (curator)
- Oct. 13 - Workshop demo from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM, reception at 5:00 PM, lecture from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM - Danny Meisinger (artist)
- Oct. 27 - Lecture from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Dr. Joey Pogue
- Nov. 3 - Lecture from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Fred Kautt (artist)
- Nov. 17 - Lecture from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Dr. Catherine Hooey